To celebrate national Volunteer Week (1 – 7 June 2022), we asked the Digital Champions within our Network to share photos of their work in action.
And what a wonderful selection of pictures we had.
From sheer joy and excitement on using an iPad for the first time to digital inclusion in a pub, the diverse range of photos captured inspiring Digital Champion moments.
Our judges chose three favourites and awarded the winning Champions a £100 Amazon voucher.
- Anthony North from City of Chelmsford Mencap for his picture of the special moment Ian was given a customised iPad (pictured top).
- Brian Dove from Spire IT and Cherry Tree Café in Burgess Hill, intensely helping Derel get to grips with the internet (pictured in the middle).
- Jonathan White at the On Your Way Job Club in Brighton, where people packed out a pub to learn more about digital skills.
A special mention also goes to the Wealdstone Methodist Church (below centre) for their lovely selection of pictures celebrating their Champions and learners. Having started their sessions in a church car park in 2020 and ‘graduating’ in June 2021 they have been on ‘quite a journey’ together.
Elsewhere, from left to right, we have:
- Lisa at the Wellmoor Community Centre in Devon helping Jenny with Facebook;
- Tracy at Herefordshire Mencap practising digital photography with Kevin;
- Risikatu Oriloye in Brixton who was all smiles as she helped parents to apply for Healthy Start food vouchers online, and;
- Sapanthy practising her English and Powerpoint skills with Digital Champion Ann, and the team at the Sutton Women's Centre.
They say a picture tells a thousand words and, when it comes to Digital Champions and the huge difference they make, these photos definitely do.