What is a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
The Galaxy Tab is a tablet computer made by Samsung that has similarities to other popular touchscreen tablet computers such as the iPad or Kindle Fire.
Key features and benefits of the Samsung Galaxy Tab
- The Galaxy Tab runs on an Android operating system and was first launched in 2010.
- The Galaxy Tab is ideal for web browsing as it is light and has a large screen.
- The latest version is the Galaxy Tab S, which is available with a 8.4 and 10.5-inch screen. It is lighter than earlier models.
- As with many tablet computer ranges, the Tabs have become lighter but more powerful with each version released.
- As with other tablet computers, the Galaxy Tab runs ‘apps’ (applications) and users can download more apps from the Google Play app store.
- A nice feature of the Galaxy Tab is the ‘ReadersHub’ which is a little like an online library and gives access to millions of magazine, book and newspaper titles in many different languages. As with popular eReaders, the Tab offers zoom, font enlargement and even virtual bookmarks.
- Samsung now offer a more pricey tablet called the Samsung Note, and the Galaxy Tab is considered the ‘budget’ range of the two.