Best … recipe websites
Do you want to do something different for Sunday dinner? Or perhaps you just want to know the very best way to cook your roasties... Whatever your culinary questions, these websites will help you.
- BBC Food - Includes info on techniques and ingredients, recommendations on ways of cooking seasonal produce or for special occasions, plus recipes by chefs you might admire or from favourite series. There’s also a section on cooking techniques such as glazing with egg wash, making choux pastry, scaling a fish or deboning and butterflying a leg of lamb – all with skill levels and videos.
Each recipe includes preparation and cooking times and how many people it will serve. And there’s a quick recipe finder that searches by ingredient, chef or programme and allows you to quickly find ‘all vegetarian dishes’ or ‘all quick-and-easy dishes’.
- Delia Online - Delia Smith’s website includes: seasonal menus; meals under 30 minutes; recipes for special diets; an information centre for such things as scaling recipes up or down or converting from US to UK measurements; cook-for-one recipes; and recipes you can freeze. There’s a ‘how to cook’ section, a look at equipment, competitions you can enter, a shop to visit and even a forum you can chat on.
- UKTV’s Good Food Channel has more than 14,000 easy-to-access recipes for salads, soups, pasta, salmon and so on. Easy to search, the site also has world food, a ‘Recipes A–Z’, info about what’s in season and even an option to add your own recipe. Each section – chicken, slow-cooked, garlic, easy desserts, Italian, cheese, etc. – also has a Top 10.
- SAVEUR produces some fantastic recipes. Follow this link to find everything you need for a romantic holiday, from breakfast-in-bed recipes and dinners for two to red and pink cocktails. Great for Valentines day!
Why don't you make cooking easier with tech that you can use in the kitchen?
You can use Alexa to:
- Create a grocery list "Alexa create a shopping list.. I need noodles, spring onion, garlic, peanut sauce.. this pad thai is going to be yummy!"
- Convert Units "Alexa what is 2 cups to millilitres?"
- Keep timers "Alexa set a timer for 2 minutes... (I don't want to ruin the eggs!)"
- Alexa make me a coffee (You'll need a The Mr.Coffee Smart Optimal Brew and a Smart Switch)
- Control small appliances
- Get calorie counts "Alexa how many calories are there in Minced beef? hmm.. think I will make this chilli a vegetarian one."
- Use WinBuddy to ask Alexa which wine pairs best with what type of food (promise I'm not a alcoholic)
- Play music "Alexa play some Bruno Mars.. I need to get in the mood for cooking up a storm!"
- Search for any of the recipes you find in the websites in this guide!
This guide was last updated on 18/01/2018