We are a digitally divided society. Nearly 20 million people have “low” or “very low” digital skills. That’s 38% of the adult population who don’t have the skills needed to thrive in society today.
The need for digital inclusion and skills has been particularly acute since the pandemic and increased during the cost of living crisis. Here are some background resources & reports to help you get your head around the issues.
- The crucial facts and stats: about digital inclusion.
- Essential Digital Skills for Work: summary of the 2023 report on skills in the workplace.
- The Periodic Table of Internet Elements: great visual on what lack of access to the internet means.
- The Digital Poverty Alliance Evidence Review: hugely important review (July 2022), and our CEO Emma Weston's response to it.
- Economic Impact of Digital Inclusion from the Good Things Foundation (July 2022), and a quick summary from Digital Inclusion Toolkit.
- Community Tech Aid Impact Report: (August 2022) case study about the impact of donated phones.
- Lloyds Consumer Digital Index: the benchmark - the largest on-going annual study of the UK's digital and financial lives.
How can a Digital Champion approach help your organisation?
Take our online assessment to find out.
It takes 10 minutes. There are no strings attached. At the end, you get a tailored report with recommendations and a free, practical guide to running a Digital Champions project.